How does the Carnival work!
1) This is a collaboration within the contingent from your own country, or the other patrols/contingents from your own country.
2) This is meant to be a introduction of the culture of your country. By this we mean: food, dancing, sweets, traditions, games etc or what ever you feel is unique to your country/scouting-/guiding-association. Remember this is an alcohol free camp!!! All alcohol beverages will be removed from site.
3) The Carnival is on Sunday 26th of July. Preparation begins at 12:00, this is the time you have to prepare your food items, and the Carnival officially starts at 14:00 and will go on into the night.
- The Carnival programme is divided into two parts: before and after dinner. You must plan fora afternoon activities, and evening activities. We let it be up you to decide how you plan your activities.
- Main activities will take place from 14:00-18:30 and are situated in Middle earth were we will set up a Market place, between 18:30-19:00 is clean up.
- Dinner is served at 19:00 in restaurant tents, this will be traditional icelandic dinner. Each village will go and eat at their village restaurant.
- Evening activities start at 20:30 in your village/middle earth/cafe´s and will end officially at 23:00, remember you must clean up before you hit the sack.
4) The carnival group must register their participation to get a tent/booth from the moot, you might have to share a tent/booth with other groups from your or another country. Each tent is 3x3m, and it is completely empty, you must tell us exactly what you need in your tent, if you need anything!!!
This must happen before 1st June 2009. Also at the same time you must order materials, as well as you must send us your activities so we can make a Carnival program. If you need more space for specific activities like group dance etc you must send a request and we will place you accordingly.
5) In the beginning the Carnival bank opens and each group gets Roverway-Euro, and to participate in other countries activities you must use you euros, also at the same time you can get a "visa" stamp (each group must bring a fancy stamp or not so fancy stamp) with each group.
6) If you need any ingredients for food preparation you must order this before 1st June 2009 and pay a small fee. All food is meant to be a tasting experience not a full meal.
- find your buddies from your country
- start planning
- remember finding a Stamp
- register before 1st of June 2009 with the roverway office, order materials, send programme
- Remember this is a alcohol free camp!!!